Beta 2 is available!
PCSCCC is a fully functional client for the CyanChat protocol (support extends to a theoretical version 2). It requires Microsoft’s .NET Framework version 2.0 or higher (Mono will run it, but there are a few bugs in Mono itself that render it nearly unusable). Features include:
- Fully implements the (non-existant) CyanChat protocol version 2
- Full support for ignoring by IP and Private Messages
- No more lag when new messages are added (yay!)
- We have clickable hyperlinks in the chat now
- Ability to provide a custom colour for your username
- Ability to reverse the chat (default: messages appear at the top)
- Ignored users appear dark red on the userlist
- Supports font changes (but at this point does not save font between sessions)
- Export logs as valid XHTML
- Support for timestamping
- Allows users to change their nicknames without logging out
- Handy links to Cho, CCQDB, and CCR
- Automatic pinging of the server every 60 seconds
- IRC-style “/me” support
- Client responds to PM commands (!version, !time)
- There’s an easter egg ;) (unfortunately, you won’t get to see it)
- New option (connect automatically, but don’t auto-login)
- Complete support for pretty much any UTF-8 character that should ever show up
Please see the enclosed README file for instructions on filing bug reports.
Download the latest version: PCSCCC (.zip format).