- Google TV… will it be more successful than Apple’s attempt? I’m not convinced.
- Google Android continues to be full of awesome geeky little surprises… Besides the gravitational constants for all the planets, they also include the Death Star, The Island (from LOST), and also a logging function named “wtf”: “What a Terrible Failure” :P
- Twitter as a primary news source: just used it to check for a friend why the SkyTrain wasn’t running. Much more helpful than any of the information of any official news site. However, Twitter is also playing an important role in Bangkok. (via @michaelgeist)
- Google now supports searching over an SSL encrypted connection. Simply search via https://www.google.com. Sadly, https://www.google.ca/ causes a certificate error and redirects back to (non-HTTPS) google.ca.
- Google Wave is now open to everyone. Sadly, most of the hype has died off, but it is still a very cool web application that has served me well for keeping track of projects, due dates, exams, and class cancellations.
- Responding to RIUM+’s comment on my last post: It might be interesting to see how VP8 changes things… if anyone can decipher the spec.